Can not log in to Windows Server R2 Standard  Error- 0xC004D401
After logging in to Windows Server 2008 R2, it shows "preparing desktop" after 30 seconds a windows activation window opens that says: "An an unauthorized change was made to windows. Error 0xC004D401. The security processor reported a file mismatch error." The two options are to click "Close" or "Learn More Online" - Cilcking Close, will retrun to the normal user log in screen -Clicking Lern More online will open the Windows Activation web page. When the web page opens it says "Windows validation was interrupted. The valiadation service is unalbe to determine weather Windows is genuine" It also shows "The version of Windows you are running is no longer available for purchase" After I click Troubleshoot, the web page I have the oprtion to purchase a new copy of Windows 7 (but the computer is running Server 2008R2) or "Report counterfeit software and learn more about qualifying for a complimentary software replacement. This system is aslo running SQL Server 2008. Workstations are able to connect to the mapped drives and SQL databse. How can I check the CD Key and activate with so access to the desktop? Or is there another was to resovle this issue?
June 27th, 2012 6:12pm

Hi, Please refer to the following two Microsoft KB articles for how to troubleshoot this issue: Error message when you use Windows Vista: "An unauthorized change was made to your license" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931699 Error message when you try to activate Windows Vista: "An error has occurred" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931276 Note: The troubleshooting suggestions also applies to Windows Server 2008 R2. If the issue persists, please run SLUI 4.exe and follow the wizard to re-activate Windows Server 2008 R2 by phone. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Arthur Li TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2012 12:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics